Kaleidoscope has two new faces wandering our lofty studio. Afton Aurand joins the Kaleidoscope Production Team as a Project Coordinator and Matt Dean is working as a Structural Designer in the Structural Packaging Design Department.
Meet Afton and Matt.
- Name: Afton Michelle Aurand
- Job title and department: Project Coordinator – Production
- Where were you born: Alton, IL
- Favorite vacation spot? Back home in Los Angeles. Swimming pools and movie stars.
- What movie could you watch fifty times in a row? A Christmas Story
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? Teleportation. Go anywhere I want instantly. For. Free.
- If you could travel back in time where and when would you go? I’m a little bit of a history nerd – meaning there are lots of time/places I would like to go back to. If I have to choose one, I suppose it would be the 1960’s for lots of reasons, but most importantly: Beatlemania.
- What made you want to come to Kaleidoscope? I’m a mover and a shaker. I thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment and let’s face it; life is too short to settle for a job that makes you miserable where you spend 8 hours a day/5 days a week plugging away. So here I am – ready to learn, get dirty, have fun and take pride in what I do every day. Bells and whistles included.
- Name: Matthew Brian Dean
- Job title and department: Structural Designer – Structure & Packaging Design Dept.
- Where were you born: Appleton, WI
- Favorite vacation spot? That’s a tough question, because I enjoy all vacations differently. I’d have to say one of my favorites spots I’ve been to multiple times would be Charleston, SC…there’s some true “Southern Comfort” there and the buildings are all loaded with history.
- What movie could you watch fifty times in a row? Also a tough question because I watch movies all the time. For some reason I only find a couple of movies that I can watch over and over just because they’re fun…they would be the new versions of The Count of Monte Cristo, and Catch Me If You Can. I also really enjoy Aliens, V for Vendetta, Man on Fire, and City of God.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? What about the ability to eat Pizza every day and have washboard abs…what would you name that superpower?
- If you could travel back in time where and when would you go? You would find me riding on a Stegosaurus in the Cretaceous Period. My dream of making The Land Before Time a part of my daily life would be complete.
- What made you want to come to Kaleidoscope? I first started working at Kaleidoscope as freelance designer. Kaleidoscope needed someone to support a client project for one weeks worth of work, so I showed up with a positive smile and went to work. A few days in I was asked to come back the next week, and weeks became a month and a half, and I ended up getting hired here for my hard work and persistence. What KEEPS me here though is the people. Every single person here is fantastic and great to work with.
Welcome to the team Afton and Matt!